1 TBSP olive oil
12 baby bella mushrooms
12 mushroom stems, chopped
2 TBSP yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2c baby spinach leaves
1/2c cottage cheese
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. cayenne powder
1 TBSP fresh basil, chopped
2 TBSP Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat olive oil.
3. Add onion and mushroom stems. Saute 1-2 minutes.
4. Add spinach and allow it to cook down; 1-2 minutes.
5. Add garlic and continue sautéing another minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. To a food processor or blender, add the cottage cheese, egg, nutmeg, black pepper, and cayenne. Pulse a few times to combine mixture but still retain some texture.
7. Add spinach mixture and basil. Pulse another 3-4 times; just enough to blend.
8. Spoon everything into the mushroom caps. Bake 25-30 minutes.
9. During the last 5 minutes of baking, top each mushroom with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Tip: Make the filling ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until you're ready to bake.